Wow! I love General Conference! This conference weekend I had the opportunity to attend one session at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. There is such a strong Spirit there. Although everyone hears the exact same talks, each person receives completely different revelation from every single talk. It’s pretty incredible.
One talk I especially enjoyed was given by President Henry B. Eyring. He spoke about removing figurative pavilions from over our heads. Here are some of the points that stood out to me:
- God is close and aware of us.
- We are the ones who distance ourselves from God. He is always there.
- He is aware of our circumstances and cares deeply about our happiness.
- We cannot insist on our own timetable. We have to say, “Thy will be done and in Thine own time table.”
- He wants only what is best.
- Removing the spiritual pavilions over our heads does not guarantee immediate answers.
- The time that we wait for answers is always calculated to bless.
- We can be sure that the Lord keeps his promises.
- Be familiar with Him.
- The movement toward God is ongoing.
- Forgive someone.
For the next six months we have the responsibility to read these talks over again in the Ensign magazine. These messages contain the mind and will of the Lord for the Church until our next General Conference in April 2013. How wonderful it really is to belong to a church with modern revelation. I hope you enjoyed conference weekend as much as I did! Did a certain talk especially stand out to you? Did you come away with a desire to be better?